A318 & B767-300

Got a neat screenshot? Post it!

Moderator: Moderating Team

Post Reply
User avatar
flypaul
Pilot
Posts: 594
Joined: 06 Feb 2007, 14:47
Location: Newcastle uk

A318 & B767-300

Post by flypaul » 01 Feb 2010, 16:30

Image
"Many thanks to Dean Clay for another great Banner"

RatherBFlyin
Moderator
Posts: 3086
Joined: 09 Jan 2005, 06:52
Location: Apex, NC
Contact:

Re: A318 & B767-300

Post by RatherBFlyin » 01 Feb 2010, 16:57

Great pics as usual!!

Couple comments about the landing in TNCM, though. First, keep in mind that the heat blur will only appear for air exiting the core of the engine, and not the bypass air. It will also be almost unnoticeable on approach and landing due to the low power settings.

Second, there's an awful lot of forward elevator in that shot. Trying to avoid a tailstrike? :P I know in the MD-80's, a good pilot can cushion the landing by pushing the controls forward at the last moment before landing, and thereby slowing the rate of descent for the main gear when they contact the runway (this only works if you time it perfectly, if you are too high you will actually land harder than you would have if you flared normally), but I haven't heard about that working in a 767. It might, though.

User avatar
flypaul
Pilot
Posts: 594
Joined: 06 Feb 2007, 14:47
Location: Newcastle uk

Re: A318 & B767-300

Post by flypaul » 01 Feb 2010, 17:26

RatherBFlyin wrote:Great pics as usual!!

Couple comments about the landing in TNCM, though. First, keep in mind that the heat blur will only appear for air exiting the core of the engine, and not the bypass air. It will also be almost unnoticeable on approach and landing due to the low power settings.

Second, there's an awful lot of forward elevator in that shot. Trying to avoid a tailstrike? :P I know in the MD-80's, a good pilot can cushion the landing by pushing the controls forward at the last moment before landing, and thereby slowing the rate of descent for the main gear when they contact the runway (this only works if you time it perfectly, if you are too high you will actually land harder than you would have if you flared normally), but I haven't heard about that working in a 767. It might, though.
Hi, yes i've noticed that about the elevattors too! for some reason when i replay my flights through my flight recorder the elevators on all my LevelD B767 do that?? i'm stumped why that happens! it does not happen when i view during actual flight! :?
Image
"Many thanks to Dean Clay for another great Banner"

User avatar
caps1237
Moderator
Posts: 5226
Joined: 09 Jan 2005, 13:03
Location: Washington, DC

Re: A318 & B767-300

Post by caps1237 » 01 Feb 2010, 18:58

Great shots Paul Absolutely love this one: http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h9/flypaul/ba6-5.jpg

A lot of fun and a great angle of a unique airport.
Image
Private Pilot - Single Engine Land

sanins192
Management/Moderator
Posts: 7673
Joined: 26 Apr 2007, 21:08
Location: Warwick, England
Contact:

Re: A318 & B767-300

Post by sanins192 » 01 Feb 2010, 19:57

^Yes, I absolutely love that shot! I also like this one http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h9/flypaul/ba3-8.jpg

Very eerie colours coming from the fuselage.
Image

User avatar
flypaul
Pilot
Posts: 594
Joined: 06 Feb 2007, 14:47
Location: Newcastle uk

Re: A318 & B767-300

Post by flypaul » 01 Feb 2010, 23:20

sanins192 wrote:^Yes, I absolutely love that shot! I also like this one http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h9/flypaul/ba3-8.jpg

Very eerie colours coming from the fuselage.
Thank's, i entered this in a screenshot comp!(fingers crossed)......i also won last months one also with a BA757 :)
Image
"Many thanks to Dean Clay for another great Banner"

User avatar
alma343
Pilot
Posts: 649
Joined: 03 May 2008, 14:08

Re: A318 & B767-300

Post by alma343 » 05 Feb 2010, 13:07

flypaul wrote:
sanins192 wrote:^Yes, I absolutely love that shot! I also like this one http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h9/flypaul/ba3-8.jpg

Very eerie colours coming from the fuselage.
Thank's, i entered this in a screenshot comp!(fingers crossed)......i also won last months one also with a BA757 :)
I remember :)

Didn't win the Screenshot comp! But I won an UK2000 Scenery of my Choice :P

Post Reply