Hi from Nova Scotia Canada

New to the Message Boards? Tell us about yourself!

Moderator: Moderating Team

Post Reply
crash101
Pilot
Posts: 33
Joined: 15 Oct 2005, 15:39
Location: Bramber, Hants Co., NS, Canada
Contact:

Hi from Nova Scotia Canada

Post by crash101 » 01 Apr 2009, 06:20

Hi all......my name is Rick Dwyer, I'm 61yrs young and have alot of experience flying online and recommend it highly. I like the diversity of SimAirlines so have, again, joined. I was a member long ago when I was cutting my teeth with flying online....LOL...did not do so good. I recently was flying with a VA that closed it's doors and wished to fly for a representative of Air Canada, so here I am, hopefully to show the "Air Canada" colors here in Canada and on Ivao. You can find me on Ivao.aero either flying (ACD474) or controlling(C1 qualification) Toronto/Pearson TWR(for Canada Online Night) or controlling Moncton and Gander Domestic. I have over 1500hrs on Ivao and roughly 400hrs on Vatsim.
I use FS9+FSNav, FSX+FSCommander, I also use FSInn+FSCopilot combination to fly on Vatsim.

Nice to be here. A couple of screen shots of my first flights.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/ ... snap03.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/ ... snap04.jpg

Rick Dwyer
Pilot #254

PS - Wow...just saw the join date Oct. 2005....man that seems like a generation ago...RD
"Flight is Life"
Image
A Huge Thank You to Fraser Jeffery for the Banner.

FJ flyer
Management/Moderator
Posts: 2415
Joined: 05 Feb 2007, 23:44
Location: Christchurch New Zealand

Re: Hi from Nova Scotia Canada

Post by FJ flyer » 01 Apr 2009, 08:17

Hey Rick!
Haha, I painted that Air Canada 727-200 :P

I'm afraid you can't have abanner of an airline that isn't under SimAirline.net, you'll need to change it to another banner.
Image
Enigma Simulations | Texture Artist and Aircraft Designer
Click my banner to see my paints via Avsim.

crash101
Pilot
Posts: 33
Joined: 15 Oct 2005, 15:39
Location: Bramber, Hants Co., NS, Canada
Contact:

Re: Hi from Nova Scotia Canada

Post by crash101 » 01 Apr 2009, 11:42

FJ flyer wrote:Hey Rick!
Haha, I painted that Air Canada 727-200 :P

I'm afraid you can't have abanner of an airline that isn't under SimAirline.net, you'll need to change it to another banner.
This, so called, Banner is a "Star Alliance" indicator of which, I believe, that Air Canada is a member, so it should be ok until I get a good Air Canada Banner. States that one must have at least 50 posts to request a "Banner", well I have not reached that level yet. Besides, it is an "indicator" and not a "Banner". Check "VatsimIndicators" for indicator #3074.png, it is advertised as a 'Star Alliance" indicator. You want it out, say so, I'll take it out, but, I will not employ another one, that is for sure.

Rick D.
"Flight is Life"
Image
A Huge Thank You to Fraser Jeffery for the Banner.

BAConcorde
Pilot
Posts: 33
Joined: 19 Mar 2009, 01:55
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Hi from Nova Scotia Canada

Post by BAConcorde » 01 Apr 2009, 18:15

Welcome Back :D
Andrew Harris 484
Working of Private Pilot License

FJ flyer
Management/Moderator
Posts: 2415
Joined: 05 Feb 2007, 23:44
Location: Christchurch New Zealand

Re: Hi from Nova Scotia Canada

Post by FJ flyer » 01 Apr 2009, 19:51

crash101 wrote:
FJ flyer wrote:Hey Rick!
Haha, I painted that Air Canada 727-200 :P

I'm afraid you can't have abanner of an airline that isn't under SimAirline.net, you'll need to change it to another banner.
This, so called, Banner is a "Star Alliance" indicator of which, I believe, that Air Canada is a member, so it should be ok until I get a good Air Canada Banner. States that one must have at least 50 posts to request a "Banner", well I have not reached that level yet. Besides, it is an "indicator" and not a "Banner". Check "VatsimIndicators" for indicator #3074.png, it is advertised as a 'Star Alliance" indicator. You want it out, say so, I'll take it out, but, I will not employ another one, that is for sure.

Rick D.
The guy who was making banners before and made up the rule to get to 50 posts, isn't making banners anymore.

I can make one if you want. PM me.
Image
Enigma Simulations | Texture Artist and Aircraft Designer
Click my banner to see my paints via Avsim.

crash101
Pilot
Posts: 33
Joined: 15 Oct 2005, 15:39
Location: Bramber, Hants Co., NS, Canada
Contact:

Re: Hi from Nova Scotia Canada

Post by crash101 » 01 Apr 2009, 21:47

BAConcorde wrote:Welcome Back :D
i guess that is in order.......did not think Aaron kept Pilot information this long....and Thank You, it is nice to be back, now that I know what I'm doing..... :lol:

Rick D.
"Flight is Life"
Image
A Huge Thank You to Fraser Jeffery for the Banner.

Northwestdc9
Management/Moderator
Posts: 9866
Joined: 10 Jan 2005, 03:32
Location: Iowa City, IA
Contact:

Re: Hi from Nova Scotia Canada

Post by Northwestdc9 » 02 Apr 2009, 17:50

Welcome to SimAirline.net!
Happy Landings! :)
Image
Aviation Research Engineer - University of Iowa

sanins192
Management/Moderator
Posts: 7673
Joined: 26 Apr 2007, 21:08
Location: Warwick, England
Contact:

Re: Hi from Nova Scotia Canada

Post by sanins192 » 03 Apr 2009, 13:23

Welcome Rick! Enjoy the rest of yout time here. :D
Image

User avatar
flytrumpet
Pilot
Posts: 20
Joined: 17 Mar 2008, 01:47
Location: CYHZ

Re: Hi from Nova Scotia Canada

Post by flytrumpet » 20 Apr 2009, 13:16

crash101 wrote:Hi all......my name is Rick Dwyer, I'm 61yrs young and have alot of experience flying online and recommend it highly. I like the diversity of SimAirlines so have, again, joined. I was a member long ago when I was cutting my teeth with flying online....LOL...did not do so good. I recently was flying with a VA that closed it's doors and wished to fly for a representative of Air Canada, so here I am, hopefully to show the "Air Canada" colors here in Canada and on Ivao. You can find me on Ivao.aero either flying (ACD474) or controlling(C1 qualification) Toronto/Pearson TWR(for Canada Online Night) or controlling Moncton and Gander Domestic. I have over 1500hrs on Ivao and roughly 400hrs on Vatsim.
I use FS9+FSNav, FSX+FSCommander, I also use FSInn+FSCopilot combination to fly on Vatsim.

Nice to be here. A couple of screen shots of my first flights.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/ ... snap03.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/ ... snap04.jpg

Rick Dwyer
Pilot #254

PS - Wow...just saw the join date Oct. 2005....man that seems like a generation ago...RD
Hi Rick,

I'm also from Nova Scotia(near Halifax) and also returning after a break.

Simairline is really a great organisation and Aaron and the team are doing an amazing job.

Regards

Richard #591

ps,a banner would be really cool,anybody could give me infos on how to create one?
Thanks
Richard

crash101
Pilot
Posts: 33
Joined: 15 Oct 2005, 15:39
Location: Bramber, Hants Co., NS, Canada
Contact:

Re: Hi from Nova Scotia Canada

Post by crash101 » 21 Apr 2009, 20:29

flytrumpet wrote:
crash101 wrote:Hi all......my name is Rick Dwyer, I'm 61yrs young and have alot of experience flying online and recommend it highly. I like the diversity of SimAirlines so have, again, joined. I was a member long ago when I was cutting my teeth with flying online....LOL...did not do so good. I recently was flying with a VA that closed it's doors and wished to fly for a representative of Air Canada, so here I am, hopefully to show the "Air Canada" colors here in Canada and on Ivao. You can find me on Ivao.aero either flying (ACD474) or controlling(C1 qualification) Toronto/Pearson TWR(for Canada Online Night) or controlling Moncton and Gander Domestic. I have over 1500hrs on Ivao and roughly 400hrs on Vatsim.
I use FS9+FSNav, FSX+FSCommander, I also use FSInn+FSCopilot combination to fly on Vatsim.

Nice to be here. A couple of screen shots of my first flights.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/ ... snap03.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/ ... snap04.jpg

Rick Dwyer
Pilot #254

PS - Wow...just saw the join date Oct. 2005....man that seems like a generation ago...RD
Hi Rick,

I'm also from Nova Scotia(near Halifax) and also returning after a break.

Simairline is really a great organisation and Aaron and the team are doing an amazing job.

Regards

Richard #591

ps,a banner would be really cool,anybody could give me infos on how to create one?
Thanks
PM FJ flyer, he designed mine.........I'm in Bramber on highway 215 between Windsor and Walton,,,,,,,,,Welcome aboard..

Rick
"Flight is Life"
Image
A Huge Thank You to Fraser Jeffery for the Banner.

Post Reply