Another VA goes down...

Post and discuss the latest happenings in the flight simulator world.

Moderator: Moderating Team

Post Reply
737captain
Pilot
Posts: 18
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 01:31

Another VA goes down...

Post by 737captain » 15 Nov 2009, 01:17

Northwest Virtual...a nice airline w/ACARS too..
Todays the last day..and i just transitioned from the CRJ's into the DC-9's...

Dont know why,but its a rotten shame...
Image

737captain
Pilot
Posts: 18
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 01:31

Re: Another VA goes down...found out why

Post by 737captain » 15 Nov 2009, 05:35

The so-called "Chief Technology Officer",was the issue...
nothing more than a young 21 yr old Chinese student...

way to go....

(its people like this clown,that keep my wife from trying to get a job)
Image

User avatar
Delta320
Pilot
Posts: 260
Joined: 07 Feb 2009, 19:01
Location: Boston

Re: Another VA goes down...found out why

Post by Delta320 » 15 Nov 2009, 15:24

737captain wrote:The so-called "Chief Technology Officer",was the issue...
nothing more than a young 21 yr old Chinese student...

way to go....

(its people like this clown,that keep my wife from trying to get a job)
Excuse me, but I don't think the 15 year old CTO was the issue. That kid knew his stuff and did a heck of a job. He knows a lot more than some of these professionals. If you read the email sent to you, you would know that it was not having a strong enough staff. I'm going to miss them
Image
Huge thanks to David Malinowski for this amazing banner!

User avatar
Dennis
Management/Moderator
Posts: 2861
Joined: 03 Jan 2007, 16:40
Location: Bayamon, Puerto Rico
Contact:

Re: Another VA goes down...

Post by Dennis » 15 Nov 2009, 15:37

737captain wrote:(its people like this clown,that keep my wife from trying to get a job)
Is this going to be a bashing thread?

Reasons why I see that VA closing:
1. As Mike pointed out, not enough staff (reminds me of another organization...)
2. NW flights are no longer listed, so what would be the point of maintaining a VA without its schedules?
3. As with ANY other site, too busy to keep up with it.
Image
^^Courtesy of Fraser Jeffery. To SimAirline.net. It's been a blast!^^
*Click on the banner for the latest on Viewpoint, the official SimAirline.net blog*

737captain
Pilot
Posts: 18
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 01:31

Re: Another VA goes down...

Post by 737captain » 16 Nov 2009, 04:46

The CTO was Wesley Chow...

he's working on making a new UNITED VA
he's not 15,but he's a jerk
Image

DMM200
Management
Posts: 1403
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 05:26
Location: Long Island, New York
Contact:

Re: Another VA goes down...

Post by DMM200 » 16 Nov 2009, 23:04

737captain wrote:The CTO was Wesley Chow...

he's working on making a new UNITED VA
he's not 15,but he's a jerk
Look, first of all, there is a demand for a new United VA, and not so much a Northwest virtual.

Now, what makes him a jerk? You haven't given us any evidence to support your argument. How are we supposed to believe you?
Image
Thanks Fraser Jeffery for the beautiful avatar!
Check out the latest SimAirline.net news in Viewpoint

User avatar
a.trailblazer7
Pilot
Posts: 268
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 03:12
Location: Sanford, NC

Re: Another VA goes down...

Post by a.trailblazer7 » 16 Nov 2009, 23:43

DMM200 wrote:
737captain wrote:The CTO was Wesley Chow...

he's working on making a new UNITED VA
he's not 15,but he's a jerk
Look, first of all, there is a demand for a new United VA, and not so much a Northwest virtual.

Now, what makes him a jerk? You haven't given us any evidence to support your argument. How are we supposed to believe you?
D, why did you go there? From reading 737captain past msgs, you've just opened a can of worms
Image
Much thanks to Fraser J. for making a great banner!!

User avatar
caps1237
Moderator
Posts: 5226
Joined: 09 Jan 2005, 13:03
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Another VA goes down...

Post by caps1237 » 17 Nov 2009, 01:30

Yeah, guys, this better stay peaceful and level headed.
Image
Private Pilot - Single Engine Land

aznflyer
Pilot
Posts: 1
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 03:53

Re: Another VA goes down...

Post by aznflyer » 20 Nov 2009, 03:59

wow...pretty deep stuff...i was at nwava for a while as the former COO. Wes was a great guy. You do know that he kept NWAVA alive back in June? The other domain died and he spent a whole weekend after returning from a trip to Taiwan working on the site. That kid BARELY slept. Anyways, wanted to point out that he was one great guy. It wasn't his choice to close down the VA. He just started United because that's his fav VA. And like DMM said, there is a need for a new united :D

Post Reply