So Captainsim are making a 763

Post and discuss the latest happenings in the flight simulator world.

Moderator: Moderating Team

User avatar
Carlo
Pilot
Posts: 1089
Joined: 28 Mar 2008, 15:31
Location: Southampton, UK

So Captainsim are making a 763

Post by Carlo » 03 Jul 2009, 18:13

http://www.captainsim.com/products/x767/


What are your opinions?

Considering the fact the cockpit is pretty much identical to that of the 757, it would only make sense for them to make a 767, however I can't help but ask myself; What's the point?

We have the Level D 767 (and it's the 767-300 too), which does 'the job' pretty much flawlessly

For the less hardcore simmers, we have the Overland 767-300

For the even less less hardcore, and freeware fans, we have Project Opensky's 767-300, -200 and -400



I think it would be an attractive project if they were to include the -200 and -400, but knowing CaptainSim, they'll no doubt offer these models as future, payware updates. Hmmm

Jacob Mobley
Pilot
Posts: 150
Joined: 11 May 2009, 00:07

Re: So Captainsim are making a 763

Post by Jacob Mobley » 03 Jul 2009, 20:34

Too many people have already bought the L-D 767, even if they do start selling it, it's not even going to make an impact. Level D's model and cockpit are too good.
Image
Professional Banner Courtesy Of Fraser Jeffery
Flying Is Life.

User avatar
alma343
Pilot
Posts: 649
Joined: 03 May 2008, 14:08

Re: So Captainsim are making a 763

Post by alma343 » 03 Jul 2009, 20:47

Jacob Mobley wrote:Too many people have already bought the L-D 767, even if they do start selling it, it's not even going to make an impact. Level D's model and cockpit are too good.
disagree if i look at Pictures of the LD 767 PAnel it looks Freeware: http://isomba.airlines.online.fr/isopic ... ktpa09.jpg

And the 767 will be easy to construct as they can take most of the 757 Panel! And im sure its going to be as good as their 757

Jacob Mobley
Pilot
Posts: 150
Joined: 11 May 2009, 00:07

Re: So Captainsim are making a 763

Post by Jacob Mobley » 03 Jul 2009, 21:37

alma343 wrote:
Jacob Mobley wrote:Too many people have already bought the L-D 767, even if they do start selling it, it's not even going to make an impact. Level D's model and cockpit are too good.
disagree if i look at Pictures of the LD 767 PAnel it looks Freeware: http://isomba.airlines.online.fr/isopic ... ktpa09.jpg

And the 767 will be easy to construct as they can take most of the 757 Panel! And im sure its going to be as good as their 757

I was talking about their virtual cockpit. Level-D's is so much better than their's.
Image
Professional Banner Courtesy Of Fraser Jeffery
Flying Is Life.

User avatar
alma343
Pilot
Posts: 649
Joined: 03 May 2008, 14:08

Re: So Captainsim are making a 763

Post by alma343 » 04 Jul 2009, 05:32

Jacob Mobley wrote:
alma343 wrote:
Jacob Mobley wrote:Too many people have already bought the L-D 767, even if they do start selling it, it's not even going to make an impact. Level D's model and cockpit are too good.
disagree if i look at Pictures of the LD 767 PAnel it looks Freeware: http://isomba.airlines.online.fr/isopic ... ktpa09.jpg

And the 767 will be easy to construct as they can take most of the 757 Panel! And im sure its going to be as good as their 757

I was talking about their virtual cockpit. Level-D's is so much better than their's.
I dont like LD's Virtual Cockpit

Level D's
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/t ... ew-VC2.jpg

Captainsim's
http://www.captainsim.com/cgi-bin/imgvi ... _5.jpg;x=1

flybywire22
Pilot
Posts: 221
Joined: 22 Aug 2008, 02:06
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Contact:

Re: So Captainsim are making a 763

Post by flybywire22 » 04 Jul 2009, 08:39

Personally, I have both the Captain Sim 757 and Level-D 767. I agree that Captain Sim brings a better cockpit to the table but when folks have already purchased the award winning Level-D, I don't think they will pay much attention to the Captain Sim version, although I may be wrong. :smokin:
Image

FJ flyer
Management/Moderator
Posts: 2415
Joined: 05 Feb 2007, 23:44
Location: Christchurch New Zealand

Re: So Captainsim are making a 763

Post by FJ flyer » 04 Jul 2009, 10:15

They're missing out on customers by making this FSX only.
And if they don't create a 767-200 or -400 version they're idiots; whether it's for FSX only or not, they'll get big customers selling that.
Image
Enigma Simulations | Texture Artist and Aircraft Designer
Click my banner to see my paints via Avsim.

Jacob Mobley
Pilot
Posts: 150
Joined: 11 May 2009, 00:07

Re: So Captainsim are making a 763

Post by Jacob Mobley » 04 Jul 2009, 19:57

FJ flyer wrote:They're missing out on customers by making this FSX only.
And if they don't create a 767-200 or -400 version they're idiots; whether it's for FSX only or not, they'll get big customers selling that.
I really don't understand why they only make some models "only" for fsx. if you ask me, 65% of all people still play FS2004, and just don't want to go to FSX because there is not as much scenery and aircraft for it as fsx. i agree completely.
Image
Professional Banner Courtesy Of Fraser Jeffery
Flying Is Life.

flybywire22
Pilot
Posts: 221
Joined: 22 Aug 2008, 02:06
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Contact:

Re: So Captainsim are making a 763

Post by flybywire22 » 04 Jul 2009, 21:56

I really don't understand why they only make some models "only" for fsx. if you ask me, 65% of all people still play FS2004, and just don't want to go to FSX because there is not as much scenery and aircraft for it as fsx. i agree completely.
I agree completely, FSX is more of a game than a simulation and I'm not a big fan of that. What PMDG did with their MD-11 was the right thing to do, make it for both; not just FSX.
Image

User avatar
Carlo
Pilot
Posts: 1089
Joined: 28 Mar 2008, 15:31
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: So Captainsim are making a 763

Post by Carlo » 04 Jul 2009, 22:51

flybywire22 wrote: I agree completely, FSX is more of a game than a simulation and I'm not a big fan of that

I'm having much difficulty understanding what you could possibly mean by that statement :?


I was on FS9 for 2 years, and over the past year I've gradually switched to FSX, and I can tell you that FSX has everything FS9 offers. Just because a few well known addons aren't FSX-compatible, doesn't mean FSX doesn't offer the depth and realism FS9 does.

FJ flyer
Management/Moderator
Posts: 2415
Joined: 05 Feb 2007, 23:44
Location: Christchurch New Zealand

Re: So Captainsim are making a 763

Post by FJ flyer » 05 Jul 2009, 00:43

Carlo wrote:
flybywire22 wrote: I agree completely, FSX is more of a game than a simulation and I'm not a big fan of that

I'm having much difficulty understanding what you could possibly mean by that statement :?


I was on FS9 for 2 years, and over the past year I've gradually switched to FSX, and I can tell you that FSX has everything FS9 offers. Just because a few well known addons aren't FSX-compatible, doesn't mean FSX doesn't offer the depth and realism FS9 does.
The only reason I haven't switched is because I don't like looking at slideshows when I fly, and I don't want to spend a load of money on FSX when FS9 is just as good.
Image
Enigma Simulations | Texture Artist and Aircraft Designer
Click my banner to see my paints via Avsim.

Jacob Mobley
Pilot
Posts: 150
Joined: 11 May 2009, 00:07

Re: So Captainsim are making a 763

Post by Jacob Mobley » 05 Jul 2009, 23:03

Carlo wrote:
flybywire22 wrote: I agree completely, FSX is more of a game than a simulation and I'm not a big fan of that

I'm having much difficulty understanding what you could possibly mean by that statement :?


I was on FS9 for 2 years, and over the past year I've gradually switched to FSX, and I can tell you that FSX has everything FS9 offers. Just because a few well known addons aren't FSX-compatible, doesn't mean FSX doesn't offer the depth and realism FS9 does.
Ok, do you see anything in fs2004 that has to do with flying around pylons in a p-51? microsoft put too many 'videogame like missions' in fsx that should be put on like a playstation game or something to that effect. when I went to buy fsx, i was looking to fly cargo of of hong kong and transport dozens of people to airports around the world. not fly an p-51 around reno. the only things that microsoft did well with fsx is make a couple new aircraft, better scenery, and more high detail airports, and they put an OK multilayer addition to it.

point is, microsoft cut short the realism of the aircraft and things that real simulators are 'supposed' to have, and put in childish missions that don't help a bit with real world training.
Image
Professional Banner Courtesy Of Fraser Jeffery
Flying Is Life.

User avatar
Carlo
Pilot
Posts: 1089
Joined: 28 Mar 2008, 15:31
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: So Captainsim are making a 763

Post by Carlo » 05 Jul 2009, 23:14

Jacob Mobley wrote:
Carlo wrote:
flybywire22 wrote: I agree completely, FSX is more of a game than a simulation and I'm not a big fan of that

I'm having much difficulty understanding what you could possibly mean by that statement :?


I was on FS9 for 2 years, and over the past year I've gradually switched to FSX, and I can tell you that FSX has everything FS9 offers. Just because a few well known addons aren't FSX-compatible, doesn't mean FSX doesn't offer the depth and realism FS9 does.
Ok, do you see anything in fs2004 that has to do with flying around pylons in a p-51? microsoft put too many 'videogame like missions' in fsx that should be put on like a playstation game or something to that effect. when I went to buy fsx, i was looking to fly cargo of of hong kong and transport dozens of people to airports around the world. not fly an p-51 around reno. the only things that microsoft did well with fsx is make a couple new aircraft, better scenery, and more high detail airports, and they put an OK multilayer addition to it.

point is, microsoft cut short the realism of the aircraft and things that real simulators are 'supposed' to have, and put in childish missions that don't help a bit with real world training.

It's easy really...

Don't play these so-called 'childish missions'? :roll:

Btw, there's no P-51 in FSX. There's an Extra 300, which has been present in the past 3 editions of Flight Simulator, including FS9 :wink:

The pylon racing missions you talk about (of which there are only TWO, btw) are re-enactments of the Red Bull Air Races, a very popular and exciting sport.

If you buy Flight Sim for the included missions, you're buying it for the wrong reason, as these are very simplistic, and have always been, in every edition of FS

Jacob Mobley
Pilot
Posts: 150
Joined: 11 May 2009, 00:07

Re: So Captainsim are making a 763

Post by Jacob Mobley » 05 Jul 2009, 23:28

All I'm saying is, that microsoft cut short developing the aircraft so that they fly just like the real thing, and spent way more time developing missions that nobody plays. they put there time developing the game in the wrong places. In my opinion.
Image
Professional Banner Courtesy Of Fraser Jeffery
Flying Is Life.

Casey
Pilot
Posts: 13
Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 03:27
Location: Brantford, Ont. Canada

Re: So Captainsim are making a 763

Post by Casey » 06 Jul 2009, 05:28

I'm inclined to agree that ACES, when they were alive, spent too much time on the wrong part of fsx, especially when they brought out acceleration. But having said that I like FSX all the same. And the Level-D 767 suits me perfectly.
Image

Jacob Mobley
Pilot
Posts: 150
Joined: 11 May 2009, 00:07

Re: So Captainsim are making a 763

Post by Jacob Mobley » 06 Jul 2009, 06:01

yeah, i'm not saying i dislike fsx. im just saying that microsoft should have budgeted their time between making the game more appealing to people who like it just to mess around, and people who actually use it for its real purpose.
Image
Professional Banner Courtesy Of Fraser Jeffery
Flying Is Life.

FJ flyer
Management/Moderator
Posts: 2415
Joined: 05 Feb 2007, 23:44
Location: Christchurch New Zealand

Re: So Captainsim are making a 763

Post by FJ flyer » 06 Jul 2009, 06:59

Jacob Mobley wrote:yeah, i'm not saying i dislike fsx. im just saying that microsoft should have budgeted their time between making the game more appealing to people who like it just to mess around, and people who actually use it for its real purpose.
As much as I don't like FSX, I think you're being a little bit one-sided. I'm sure there is a fair number of people who do like the games to play with every now and again. In fact sometimes I do want to have a break from Airline simulation and do something different.
Image
Enigma Simulations | Texture Artist and Aircraft Designer
Click my banner to see my paints via Avsim.

sanins192
Management/Moderator
Posts: 7673
Joined: 26 Apr 2007, 21:08
Location: Warwick, England
Contact:

Re: So Captainsim are making a 763

Post by sanins192 » 06 Jul 2009, 17:08

Normally I would be pessimistic and ask why they are not spending time developing it for FS9 as well. I am also one of the people that doesn't want to switch to FSX because there are too few payware aircraft. It has come to my attention that I am arguing against myself. If developers spend time making FS9 planes, the FSX development will be slower and I won't want to switch. If they only develop FSX payware, it would give me an incentive to switch. Now that I think about it it is a good idea to just develop the single payware product.
Image

Jacob Mobley
Pilot
Posts: 150
Joined: 11 May 2009, 00:07

Re: So Captainsim are making a 763

Post by Jacob Mobley » 06 Jul 2009, 23:39

FJ flyer wrote:
Jacob Mobley wrote:yeah, i'm not saying i dislike fsx. im just saying that microsoft should have budgeted their time between making the game more appealing to people who like it just to mess around, and people who actually use it for its real purpose.
As much as I don't like FSX, I think you're being a little bit one-sided. I'm sure there is a fair number of people who do like the games to play with every now and again. In fact sometimes I do want to have a break from Airline simulation and do something different.
I mean it's kinda sad when microsoft is the creator of the game, and third parties are making the exact same aircraft that handle better than the ones they make.
Image
Professional Banner Courtesy Of Fraser Jeffery
Flying Is Life.

User avatar
Carlo
Pilot
Posts: 1089
Joined: 28 Mar 2008, 15:31
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: So Captainsim are making a 763

Post by Carlo » 07 Jul 2009, 03:07

Jacob Mobley wrote:
FJ flyer wrote:
Jacob Mobley wrote:yeah, i'm not saying i dislike fsx. im just saying that microsoft should have budgeted their time between making the game more appealing to people who like it just to mess around, and people who actually use it for its real purpose.
As much as I don't like FSX, I think you're being a little bit one-sided. I'm sure there is a fair number of people who do like the games to play with every now and again. In fact sometimes I do want to have a break from Airline simulation and do something different.
I mean it's kinda sad when microsoft is the creator of the game, and third parties are making the exact same aircraft that handle better than the ones they make.


But... That's been the case since the very first FS... :?

Not just FSX

There have been addons for every single edition of FS

Post Reply