Airsimmer's A320 released: Read on for the catch (?)

Post and discuss the latest happenings in the flight simulator world.

Moderator: Moderating Team

Carlo
Pilot

Airsimmer's A320 released: Read on for the catch (?)

Post by Carlo » 06 Apr 2009, 06:35

If you're a big fan of the A320 series, then this is the news you've been waiting for:

Airsimmer's Extended Team Program

What’s in it for me?

You get immediate access to the current Beta of the product, have an opportunity to contribute to the project, and save over 30% off the AirSimmer A320 Family retail price.

Can anybody join?
Essentially, yes. We want to receive feedback from a broad audience. However, the number of Extended Team licenses is limited, and we cannot guarantee that everyone will be accommodated. We will stop accepting new members once we have reached our limit.

What do Extended Team members get?
As an Extended Team member, you get the current FS9 Beta version of the product, along with all future product updates. You also get access to our specialized Extended Team Forums where you will be able to join discussions on ways of improving our product, current issues, feature requests, or any other product-related topics. By the end of the Beta phase, you will end up with the complete product.

Is this program right for me?
Although anyone may join the Extended Team, this program is not ideal for everyone. We are looking for people who have a little bit of spare time, significant FS experience and good A320 knowledge. Therefore, we will not be answering any basic “how to” questions in our Extended Team Forums. We also suggest that you do not join if you expect to receive a complete and fully functional product right away. As you already know from our monthly status updates, the current Beta does not have complete functionality, however, as an Extended Team member, you will be the first to receive and test new features as they are made available by the Development Team. Finally, please keep in mind that a money-back guarantee is not provided with the Extended Team license.

What responsibility will I have?
Your responsibility will be to maintain an active role in the Extended Team by participating in discussions, reporting issues, and voting in our status polls.

Is this a pre-order for the A320 Family?
No. We are offering you an opportunity to begin using AirSimmer aircraft as early as possible and over 30% off full retail price in exchange for your feedback and criticism during the Beta stage.

How do I join the Extended Team?
Click here ( http://www.airsimmer.com/support/index. ... nload&id=7 ) to join

I think a 30% discount (on a rather expensive addon, it has to be said) is a very good looking deal, especially considering that all future updates will be included. I also like the fact you will have an actual say in the developement/refining of a future, highly anticipated and high quality payware aircraft addon.

The only reason I shan't be buying into the beta testing program, is that I don't feel I know enough about the A320 to be able to contribute any valuable feedback, but I am very tempted. I have been looking for a high quality, high realism, excellent looking A320 family addon for a long time, and so far only merges seem to do (not the ideal solution, however).

What do you guys think? If you're serious about your flying, then this is definitely a very interesting developement.

Carlo
Pilot

Re: Airsimmer's A320 released: Read on for the catch (?)

Post by Carlo » 06 Apr 2009, 06:59

Ohhhh snAp! :(

(hehhehe I've always wanted to say that, in a typical Joy stylee. Anyone who watches 'My Name is Earl' will know :P)

It's the FS9 version. The FSX version isn't due to be released for quite some time still :(

FJ flyer
Management/Moderator

Post by FJ flyer » 06 Apr 2009, 07:05

Hmm, sounds good but I'm in the same boat as Carlo. I don't know enough about the aircraft.

I like their exterior model and their VC is good. The only thing from my point of view letting them down is the Guages, they don't look realistic or accurate comparing to photos. But I'm sure it's likely they'll change. Project Airbus/Wilco does it for me.
Enigma Simulations | Texture Artist and Aircraft Designer
Click my banner to see my paints via Avsim.

caps1237

Post by caps1237 » 06 Apr 2009, 07:21

This is really good to hear, considering I saw the people behind it two years ago at the AVSIM convention. This looks like its going to be a great product.
Private Pilot - Single Engine Land

Anuj
Pilot

Post by Anuj » 06 Apr 2009, 18:27

I am in the extended team and I am happy that I am. It ensures a bug free product on release. :)

However, it is very time consuming.
SAVE INDIA'S TIGERS!!
www.saveourtigers.com
My PC : Asus P5Q Motherboard | Intel C2D E8400 3GHz | 3GB OCZ DDR2 RAM | MSI ATi 4850 1GB OC Edition | 250GB SATA | Windows XP Pro SP3 | FS2004 |

Carlo
Pilot

Post by Carlo » 06 Apr 2009, 19:17

I thought I recognised that name, saw you in their forum. :mrgreen:

seahawks7757
Pilot

Post by seahawks7757 » 06 Apr 2009, 20:25

I was goiing to get it til it said it was $56. :shock:
Click on the banner above to get to my Flickr Account!

Carlo
Pilot

Post by Carlo » 06 Apr 2009, 20:29

That's 30% less than what it'll cost when it's released :wink:

FJ flyer
Management/Moderator

Post by FJ flyer » 06 Apr 2009, 20:50

It's going to be $89.95!!!
Which for me is actually $150! I don't think I'll be rushing out to buy this one.

DMM200
Management

Post by DMM200 » 07 Apr 2009, 00:51

Is there by any chance a good model unlike the Wilco series?
Thanks Fraser Jeffery for the beautiful avatar!
Check out the latest SimAirline.net news in Viewpoint

seahawks7757
Pilot

Post by seahawks7757 » 07 Apr 2009, 01:23

Oh ok so I am already buying it. I thought I got 30% off after it came out. I didn't relize I will already be getting the whole 9 yards. Well thats not too bad then

Carlo
Pilot

Post by Carlo » 07 Apr 2009, 03:19

DMM200 wrote:Is there by any chance a good model unlike the Wilco series?
Well, judging by the time it's taken them to reach even the beta stage of developement, I'd say that they'll have spent quite some time getting the aircraft behaving as well as looking as realistically as possible.

And yes @ Seahawks. The amount you pay right now, is the final amount. Once the finished product is put on sale, you will have access to it at no extra charge, as well as to the updates, etc released thereafter.

Anuj
Pilot

Post by Anuj » 07 Apr 2009, 04:57

seahawks7757 wrote:Oh ok so I am already buying it. I thought I got 30% off after it came out. I didn't relize I will already be getting the whole 9 yards. Well thats not too bad then
Just to inform you, If you join, you can't disclose any information about the product until release.

:)
SAVE INDIA'S TIGERS!!
www.saveourtigers.com
My PC : Asus P5Q Motherboard | Intel C2D E8400 3GHz | 3GB OCZ DDR2 RAM | MSI ATi 4850 1GB OC Edition | 250GB SATA | Windows XP Pro SP3 | FS2004 |

seahawks7757
Pilot

Post by seahawks7757 » 07 Apr 2009, 05:00

Anuj wrote:
seahawks7757 wrote:Oh ok so I am already buying it. I thought I got 30% off after it came out. I didn't relize I will already be getting the whole 9 yards. Well thats not too bad then
Just to inform you, If you join, you can't disclose any information about the product until release.

Hey I do pretty good with POSKY Beta tests

Anuj
Pilot

Post by Anuj » 07 Apr 2009, 05:11

seahawks7757 wrote:
Anuj wrote:

Hey I do pretty good with POSKY Beta tests
I'm not saying you can't do it, I'm just informing you.

SAVE INDIA'S TIGERS!!
www.saveourtigers.com

FJ flyer
Management/Moderator

Post by FJ flyer » 07 Apr 2009, 05:31

The model is to be much better than Wilco, I'm not sure about the panel though. From what I can see, the wilco looks to be a small step ahead. It depends if the panel is fully functional (You can click all the buttons).

seahawks7757
Pilot

Post by seahawks7757 » 07 Apr 2009, 09:17

Also just joined the extended members club

Carlo
Pilot

Post by Carlo » 07 Apr 2009, 17:25

FJ flyer wrote:
It depends if the panel is fully functional (You can click all the buttons).

*looks around*

*nods*

I didn't say anything :wink: