PMDG's secret aircraft revelealed

Post and discuss the latest happenings in the flight simulator world.

Moderator: Moderating Team

Jacob Mobley
Pilot
Posts: 150
Joined: 11 May 2009, 00:07

Re: PMDG's secret aircraft revelealed

Post by Jacob Mobley » 12 May 2009, 15:51

flybywire22 wrote:Interesting pick by PMDG, nice aircraft for the short hops. If I had my choice, and PMDG was going to make another commuter along with their B1900 series, I wish they would have made a DeHavilland DHC-8-400 Dash 8. I coulda really used a nice Dash :( .
I agree completely. The JetStream is too small to be a regional airliner. It should be a business aircraft.
Image
Professional Banner Courtesy Of Fraser Jeffery
Flying Is Life.

NWADC9
Pilot
Posts: 5845
Joined: 11 Mar 2005, 23:27
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: PMDG's secret aircraft revelealed

Post by NWADC9 » 12 May 2009, 16:45

Jacob Mobley wrote:
flybywire22 wrote:Interesting pick by PMDG, nice aircraft for the short hops. If I had my choice, and PMDG was going to make another commuter along with their B1900 series, I wish they would have made a DeHavilland DHC-8-400 Dash 8. I coulda really used a nice Dash :( .
I agree completely. The JetStream is too small to be a regional airliner. It should be a business aircraft.
Then what have you to say about the Saab 340, Embraer 120, or Dornier 328? They seat about the same number of pax.
Image

Jacob Mobley
Pilot
Posts: 150
Joined: 11 May 2009, 00:07

Re: PMDG's secret aircraft revelealed

Post by Jacob Mobley » 13 May 2009, 01:10

NWADC9 wrote:
Jacob Mobley wrote:
flybywire22 wrote:Interesting pick by PMDG, nice aircraft for the short hops. If I had my choice, and PMDG was going to make another commuter along with their B1900 series, I wish they would have made a DeHavilland DHC-8-400 Dash 8. I coulda really used a nice Dash :( .
I agree completely. The JetStream is too small to be a regional airliner. It should be a business aircraft.
Then what have you to say about the Saab 340, Embraer 120, or Dornier 328? They seat about the same number of pax.
The JetStream is too small, and is doesn't look like it should be carrying passengers on those routes. It looks more like an older out-of-date King Air if you will.
Image
Professional Banner Courtesy Of Fraser Jeffery
Flying Is Life.

User avatar
Carlo
Pilot
Posts: 1089
Joined: 28 Mar 2008, 15:31
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: PMDG's secret aircraft revelealed

Post by Carlo » 13 May 2009, 02:52

In that case, why is the Beechcraft 1900D used? It has the exact same capacity.
If there's a demand (which there obviously is), then it needs to be met.

NWADC9
Pilot
Posts: 5845
Joined: 11 Mar 2005, 23:27
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: PMDG's secret aircraft revelealed

Post by NWADC9 » 13 May 2009, 03:55

Carlo wrote:In that case, why is the Beechcraft 1900D used? It has the exact same capacity.
We're talking about the Jetstream 41, not the 31.
Image

Jacob Mobley
Pilot
Posts: 150
Joined: 11 May 2009, 00:07

Re: PMDG's secret aircraft revelealed

Post by Jacob Mobley » 13 May 2009, 05:47

NWADC9 wrote:
Carlo wrote:In that case, why is the Beechcraft 1900D used? It has the exact same capacity.
We're talking about the Jetstream 41, not the 31.
Oh, ok I thought it was a 31. The 41 is plenty big. That'll work well.
Image
Professional Banner Courtesy Of Fraser Jeffery
Flying Is Life.

seahawks7757
Pilot
Posts: 4352
Joined: 18 Jul 2007, 04:57
Location: Puyallup, WA AKA KSEA
Contact:

Re: PMDG's secret aircraft revelealed

Post by seahawks7757 » 14 May 2009, 00:53

And also this company is making a Dash 8 but still waiting for an update.
http://www.majesticsoftware.com/c/porta ... =DashqFour
Image
Click on the banner above to get to my Flickr Account!

Post Reply