Change AI info on Screen

We can help getting more planes in your sky.

Moderator: Moderating Team

a.trailblazer7
Pilot

Change AI info on Screen

Post by a.trailblazer7 » 15 Dec 2009, 05:31

I was wondering if it is possible to change the AI's aircraft name as it appears on my screen. For example, when an AI aircraft shows up, it has model, range, alt, and manufacturer (Fruitstand, Aardvark) I've gone into the aircraft config file and tried to change it to what the airline is, but when I try to save or just exit out, it won't allow me to make any changes. Is there a way around it or am I just cooked? Am using FS9 by the way.
Thanks guys (and gals)
Much thanks to Fraser J. for making a great banner!!

alma343
Pilot

Re: Change AI info on Screen

Post by alma343 » 15 Dec 2009, 13:14

a.trailblazer7 wrote:I was wondering if it is possible to change the AI's aircraft name as it appears on my screen. For example, when an AI aircraft shows up, it has model, range, alt, and manufacturer (Fruitstand, Aardvark) I've gone into the aircraft config file and tried to change it to what the airline is, but when I try to save or just exit out, it won't allow me to make any changes. Is there a way around it or am I just cooked? Am using FS9 by the way.
Thanks guys (and gals)
Are you using XP or Vista?

sanins192
Management/Moderator

Post by sanins192 » 15 Dec 2009, 16:42

It might be that the information is needed for each AI aircraft, and it is not letting you edit it. Why not turn AI names off? They are an eyesore at airports and when cruising at high altitudes and they do not provide me with any vitally important information.

a.trailblazer7
Pilot

Post by a.trailblazer7 » 15 Dec 2009, 17:37

sanins192 wrote:It might be that the information is needed for each AI aircraft, and it is not letting you edit it. Why not turn AI names off? They are an eyesore at airports and when cruising at high altitudes and they do not provide me with any vitally important information.
Would like to have Airline name, not Fruit Stand, etc. Easier to id who's out there.
Am using Vista

RatherBFlyin

Post by RatherBFlyin » 15 Dec 2009, 18:32

If you're using Vista, you will need to pull up your Windows Explorer, Right-Click on your aircraft folder, go to the Security tab, then click on the Edit... button. Make sure you give yourself full control of the folder (and everything inside it). I used to have the same problem you described until I did this. Haven't had a problem since then.

a.trailblazer7
Pilot

Post by a.trailblazer7 » 16 Dec 2009, 00:28

Ok Tim...thanks