Deleting AI Traffic

We can help getting more planes in your sky.

Moderator: Moderating Team

Dennis
Management/Moderator

Deleting AI Traffic

Post by Dennis » 28 Dec 2008, 17:19

I don't want to delete my default AI, but I do want to get rid of my WoAI and PAI traffic packages (who ever heard of an EK 767?), so I think I'll sit one day in front of my computer and install airline by airline a custom AI package.

So, how do I delete those AI traffic packs?
^^Courtesy of Fraser Jeffery. To SimAirline.net. It's been a blast!^^
*Click on the banner for the latest on Viewpoint, the official SimAirline.net blog*

Mr. Boeing
Pilot

Re: Deleting AI Traffic

Post by Mr. Boeing » 28 Dec 2008, 17:41

You're probably best off deleting the traffic files themselves, then deleting the aircraft in your aircraft folder that came with them. That will at least take care of the WOAI packages, I'm not sure about the PAI packages because I've never installed any of theirs.
FS Flights: 180 Hours: 538:30 Miles: 230,218
Simairline.net Logbook
^Thanks to David Malinowski for the banner! (DMM200)^

steve63
Pilot

Post by steve63 » 28 Dec 2008, 18:54

Hi Dennis

I have to admire what you want to do because replacing all those WoAI packages is a huge task.

My hard drive died on me back in early September so I lost everything. My first task after all my scenery
was reloaded was to reload WoAI which was not to bad. Once that was done I started on all the airlines
not covered by WoAI, My main sorce for this is Russian AI Traffic System and Wold of Traffic they list all
the airlines by continent the contry,and provide links to all the aircraft and flight planes they have.

Since September I have managed to install all of Europe and the USA, about 1/2 of Asia and may be a 1/4 of
Africa. That took over 2 months of work every day working at least 1 hour a day.

I would keep the WoAI packages, they are the best out there and will save you months of work and populate your skies quickly
with the best there is.

Good luck

DMM200
Management

Post by DMM200 » 28 Dec 2008, 18:59

Isn't there an option to delete all of the packages in the WOAI installer?
Thanks Fraser Jeffery for the beautiful avatar!
Check out the latest SimAirline.net news in Viewpoint

FJ flyer
Management/Moderator

Post by FJ flyer » 29 Dec 2008, 00:39

steve63 wrote:Hi Dennis

I have to admire what you want to do because replacing all those WoAI packages is a huge task.

My hard drive died on me back in early September so I lost everything. My first task after all my scenery
was reloaded was to reload WoAI which was not to bad. Once that was done I started on all the airlines
not covered by WoAI, My main sorce for this is Russian AI Traffic System and Wold of Traffic they list all
the airlines by continent the contry,and provide links to all the aircraft and flight planes they have.

Since September I have managed to install all of Europe and the USA, about 1/2 of Asia and may be a 1/4 of
Africa. That took over 2 months of work every day working at least 1 hour a day.

I would keep the WoAI packages, they are the best out there and will save you months of work and populate your skies quickly
with the best there is.

Good luck
You have way too much on your hands....
Enigma Simulations | Texture Artist and Aircraft Designer
Click my banner to see my paints via Avsim.

Dennis
Management/Moderator

Post by Dennis » 29 Dec 2008, 02:08

But I have a long Xmas break. I don't return to college until the 22nd, no work and no class on Fridays.

EDIT: I just saw a Delta "shopping list". Over 50 airplanes, I don't think I'd be done even after my Xmas break is over, and I'd have to be REALLY bored to take on something like that, but I WILL do it sometime.
^^Courtesy of Fraser Jeffery. To SimAirline.net. It's been a blast!^^
*Click on the banner for the latest on Viewpoint, the official SimAirline.net blog*

NWADC9
Pilot

Post by NWADC9 » 29 Dec 2008, 02:43

Delta mainline's a pain in the rear. Delta Connection is a pain UP the rear! Have fun... :twisted:

DMM200
Management

Post by DMM200 » 29 Dec 2008, 04:38

Trust me, sometime will turn into a year from now, at least for me it will. Spare some extra $ and get ultimate traffic. It may not be the best (the models look like $****), but at least it gives you almost every airline there is.
Thanks Fraser Jeffery for the beautiful avatar!
Check out the latest SimAirline.net news in Viewpoint

NWADC9
Pilot

Post by NWADC9 » 29 Dec 2008, 05:18

:shocked:

HOW DARE YOU MENTION THAT FILTH IN THIS PLACE!!!

UT, My Traffic - just about any payware AI pack is a waste of money (but not HTAI's AI Single-Engine Cessna Package!). Why pay more for garbage when you can get something that looks very realistic for free? Plus, those payware packs can't paint squat. Have you seen those screenies? They make PAI look great!