Parking

Problems getting an aircraft to work? We can help.

Moderator: Moderating Team

flaviator87
Pilot

Parking

Post by flaviator87 » 11 Dec 2009, 23:22

I am having issues with my aircraft being directed to the right gate. My Continental aircrat keeps getting sent to the A terminal.

This is what is in my aircraft.cfg file. Help please

atc_airline=COA
atc_flight_number=1123
atc_parking_types=GATE
atc_parking_codes=COA

Northwestdc9
Management/Moderator

Re: Parking

Post by Northwestdc9 » 11 Dec 2009, 23:41

FS' ATC will not direct your (user aircraft) to the proper gate, you pretty much have to ignore them and do it yourself unfortunately.

Now if that's AI, then it's possible there aren't any CO gates open for that aircraft to park in.
Aviation Research Engineer - University of Iowa

RatherBFlyin

Post by RatherBFlyin » 12 Dec 2009, 05:32

That is one thing that has always frustrated me about FS. If the default ATC can send AI aircraft to the correct gates (as long as the aircraft.cfg and AFCAD files are set up correctly), why can't it do the same for my aircraft?

For flights that I can find out what gate is actually used, I always just ignore the gate assigned by the default ATC and go to the correct gate on my own.

Carlo
Pilot

Post by Carlo » 14 Dec 2009, 18:39

It's weird. Sometimes I get directed to the correct parking spot, but others, I'll get sent to some distant cargo/GA ramp, such as the other day at KORD, where I was parked outside one of the AAL maintenance hangars :?

Northwestdc9
Management/Moderator

Post by Northwestdc9 » 15 Dec 2009, 05:20

Right, that's generally luck. FS ATC' doesn't look at user aircraft information.

Carlo
Pilot

Post by Carlo » 15 Dec 2009, 14:26

Are you sure? Because more often than not, FS ATC does direct me to the correct stand/gate.

Why are there ATC entries in user aircraft's .cfg, such as airline and parking type? I thought they were included, for just this purpose?

RatherBFlyin

Post by RatherBFlyin » 15 Dec 2009, 14:49

The atc_airline entry in the aircraft's config tells FS what the aircraft's callsign is, the atc_parking_types entry just specifies what type of parking the aircraft uses (RAMP, GATE, etc). FSX has an entry called atc_parking_codes, which I'm not sure if that is available in FS9 or not, which is supposed to match an aircraft with a specific gate if the code matches the code for the gate. I know FS9 never worked properly for user aircraft, only AI-controlled aircraft. I have not specifically tested it in FSX, though now I am curious to do so. :P

Carlo
Pilot

Post by Carlo » 15 Dec 2009, 14:58

Yes I know what the entries are for. I was saying that I thought they were for ATC, to know where to direct you to park.

a.trailblazer7
Pilot

Post by a.trailblazer7 » 15 Dec 2009, 17:41

Carlo wrote:Yes I know what the entries are for. I was saying that I thought they were for ATC, to know where to direct you to park.
Which program u using 9 or X, cause 9 doesn't park u where u think it should, most of the time. I did a CO flt fr London into newark, and it parked me at a Delta gate, no other CO's around :oops:
Much thanks to Fraser J. for making a great banner!!

Northwestdc9
Management/Moderator

Post by Northwestdc9 » 17 Dec 2009, 02:34

Right, back when I was using FS' ATC parking (god that was forever ago) instructions, I would just happen to get the gate I wanted, or at least one close about half of the time.
It's luck. FS9 does not look at user aircraft parking codes unfortunately.

If you really want to think about it in a complicated way, the user usually arrives shortly before the AI traffic flight, therefore the gate for your flight is more often than not, open because of the flight scheduling involved. So complicated luck.