Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
SimAirline.net - Message Boards • View topic - SimAirline.net to Close in April 2010

It is currently 21 Jul 2017, 17:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: SimAirline.net to Close in April 2010
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009, 02:56 
Administrator

http://www.simairline.net/viewpoint/ind ... -2010.html

Please post your thoughts, comments, questions, etc. here.

SimAirline.net on Facebook and LinkedIn

Post subject: Re: SimAirline.net to Close in April 2010
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009, 03:08 
Pilot

Speechless.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009, 03:33 
Management/Moderator

Rather than write out another long post, I'm going to quote the one I posted in the Management Section leading up to the public announcement tonight, I feel it pretty well sums up my thoughts nicely.

Northwestdc9 wrote:
When Aaron called and told me about this, I wasn't surprised. Sad, for sure but I'm in complete agreement.
As with the rest of you, I too have known this was coming. You could feel it for the past year and especially in the past 6 months or so, ever since the Avsim shutdown, the clock has been ticking down.

I've been working at SimAirline.net for going on 6 years, I've been flying for and using the site for 7 years. So obviously there is an emotional and personal connection, not just to the site, the work and to Aaron but to the rest of you as well. I don't think anything in my life so far has made more of a lasting impact than working here for the past 6 years. The things I've learned, the tools I've developed and so on.

It's been amazing but I'm growing up, starting college and running out of time to spend on SimAirline.net just like many of the other more senior members. So instead of watching the site slowly loose it's splender and die off, I, like Aaron believe we should close the organization in April, just 8 days after our 10th year anniversary.

I don't want to do it but it's what's best for me, the organization, Aaron, the pilots and the rest of you too.

And let me just say that we won't be letting her go without a bang. At least, I won't. I'm thinking a last hurrah of flights, and even mentioned to Aaron that he should fly one last time as a goodbye.

I for one, will be holding up my glass and toasting to a great ride with a great community and a great bunch of friends.
To SimAirline.net! It's been fun!

I want you guys to know that we're dedicated to making the last 6 months, some of SimAirline.net's best and I hope you'll stick around to enjoy the festivities as I know I will. And on a fun note, it looks like I will cross 10,000 posts, just in time.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009, 04:11 
Management

To speak along with Nick, we (the managment team) were in agreement that this is the best decision for the site, and I for one think that all of the hard work we put into the site payed off for our organization. All we can do is cherish these last few months and thank Aaron for his dedicated service over the last 10 years.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009, 04:43 
Pilot

:cry: :cry: :cry:

*What touchdown zone?*
Huge thanks to Fraser for the banner
Youtube, Flight simulations, Facebook

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009, 04:54 
Pilot

I had a feeling the end was near, and I completely understand the reasoning behind the closing (smelled the end because of 'em). Fun while it lasted, though!

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009, 06:12 
Pilot

Absolutely speechless! But to all the management and Aaron, you have done a fabulous job! Best of luck to all of you, and to a great next 6 months with Simairline.net!

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009, 06:23 
Pilot

100% speechless!!! this was by far the best virtual airline out there and will be sad to see it go :cry: I would like to thank Aaron and the rest of the management team for putting together such a great VA and for all the dedication for the past 10 years. I have been here since March 2008 and have enjoyed every moment of it and I completly agree with Aaron with his decision. Thank you so much Aaron for all your hard work!!!!!

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009, 13:41 
Pilot

:( This is shocking to me.
I've been here less than two years (my 1st. VA!) but I've had a great time and I have learned (still learning) a great deal.
Aaron and the rest of the team has done a fantastic job! I wish you the best in your future endevors.
I for one, will fly to the end - and maybe reach 2,000 flt. hours by closing.
:( :evil: :? :( :( :(

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009, 15:31 
Pilot

I really don't know what to say except thankyou to Aaron and the rest of the managment team for the last
10 years. This is the only VA I have really belonged to altough I did look at others but nothing could conpared to what Aaron had put togetherand what his vision was. I hope you all find happiness in life after Simairline.net. Thankyou for everything.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009, 16:27 
Pilot

Nick or someone else could you take over Simairline.net?

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009, 18:27 

If you read the announcement, it mentions Aaron will not be handing off SimAirline.net.

As great a job Nick does, and as passionate as another person may get, no one will know the system and airlines quite like Aaron does. It would never match up.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009, 18:42 
Pilot

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I am truly shocked, as already mentioned, this is the best VA ever. No where else can you fly for so many airlines under one roof, and for free! :D

Having said that, I had a brief spell running my own VA last year (until the real airline told me to close it! :evil: ), and it does take up a lot of time, in my case preventing me from actually flying much.

So to Aaron, and all the management, thanks for all your hard work over the years, it has been very much appreciated, something that we haven't said enough!

Here's to a great final few months, let's make them the best!!! :D

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009, 18:46 
Pilot

Thanks Aaron and the whole management team for this very good VA. The best in the world! On Simairline.net and the best 6 months ever to come!

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009, 21:07 
Pilot

I'm very saddened by this because of the fun this VA has been however we should still keep flying right until the last minute and maybe those of us that use VATSIM could do a final flight together sometime. Thanks Aaron for all you have done and let us keep flying until the last minute.

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2009, 02:38 
Pilot

You know... These past few months of being a part of this excellent community have been some of the greatest that I have had in years. You guys are like brothers/sisters to me due to the fact that I cannot talk to my own family about this kind of stuff without being made fun of, where on here I can ask all the questions I need answered and I am bound to get a response. :winking: I know for a fact that these next months to come, will be even better and more exciting. :P Everyone on here are some of the nicest people I have encountered in my 16 years of life. I do not wish for this end to come, but it best for all of us. I will try and start a forum for myself like this but with no contest or downloads, Q&A only. But until then, this is the best. :D :P :D I will try my hardest to make it to the convention in NY, but there are no guarantees that I will make it. I would love to have this excitement continue on as though this ending had never been announced. :lol: Day by day, hour by hour, second by second, I think of this group and all the wonderful people I have meet and gotten to know and how all lives will be different after this is all over. if you ever want to talk, I will be more than happy to inform you of my e-mail. If I never get to talk to you again, or I haven't talked to you, Have a great life, and

:D Happy Landings. :D

*What touchdown zone?*
Huge thanks to Fraser for the banner
Youtube, Flight simulations, Facebook

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2009, 04:31 
Management/Moderator

alma343 wrote:
Nick or someone else could you take over Simairline.net?

Aaron and I talked about it, briefly, and I immediately said I had no interest in taking over. While I probably could handle some of the day-to-day operations, I'm not Aaron, never will be and SimAirline.net would not be the same without him. This site is Aaron's baby, and watching someone else take over and change the way things were run.... that's not right. And you have to remember, I'm as busy as Aaron these days, I have classes, life and will be starting a job soon, I don't have the time to devote to SimAirline.net that it deserves.

Sorry guys, but I'm not an Aaron replacement.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2009, 07:07 
Pilot

This is extremely sad to hear. Although, I felt something like this was coming especially with the problems in the last 6 months. I feel the reasons for closure are justified completely. I have been with SimAirline.net for almost 3 years now and I've never had a virtual airline this good. This was and is the best VA in the FS community. I don't know how I'll find another one like it. Aaron and the rest of the management team have done a wonderful job and I applaud them. The environment in these messageboards has given me a lot of support and will always do.

Its been a pleasure and a wonderful experience here. I have learned A LOT over here that I could never learn anywhere else. Excellent job Aaron and others. These last 6 months are gonna be extremely memorable, for me at least.

I guess the saying is actually true, All good things mudt come to an end.

:cry:

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2009, 12:26 
Pilot

As an ex-management for simairline.net for almost a year and about 3 years of flying with simairline.net I'm really sad to see this. Although I left earlier this year I will always have a warm spot for simairline.net in my flying heart. Thank you Aaron for all the hard work you gave to this amazing virtual airline and good luck in the future.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2009, 13:48 
Pilot

This is as it should be we all grow and move on. For the short time I have been here it has been very enjoyable. The flight system with all the Airlines represented is awesome. Thanks for letting me be apart of this organization
even if for just a short time.

Good luck and have a good life.